Stores I recommend
— Your resource for sustainably harvested wild fish, flash-frozen, and shipped to you!
— full line of bulk herbs (from the company Earth Fare uses), teas, and natural self-care/cosmetics. Set up an account and order wholesale!!
— If you are interested in top-of-the-line home gym equipment, this is the place. Order the exact equipment the best trainers are using. Also includes tons of how-to videos/dvds/books for everything from stretching and dumbbells to kettlebells and plyometrics.
Emerson Ecologics Medicinary— current patients may order recommended nutrient therapies and botanical medicines here.
My Amazon reading list— interested in building your health-promotion library? Here are books and videos recommended for my patients, friends, and family.
- North Carolina Association of Naturopathic Medicine— NC’s association for Naturopathic Medicine. Support our licensing efforts by clicking the link and writing the state legislators.
- The Naturopathic Gathering— a student organization dedicated to preserving, learning and developing the roots of Naturopathic medicine
- Foundations of Naturopathic Medicine Project— writing the first comprehensive textbook of Naturopathic medicine!
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians— the national organization for Naturopathic medicine. Learn about national news and find a Naturopathic doctor near you.
- Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges— the name says it all. Learn more about the scholastic requirements to become a Naturopathic physician
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine— my alma mater. Lots of great info on the website.
- Scorecard: The Pollution Information Website— find out how your community is doing, just enter your zip code
- Environmental Working Group— great resource for all things environmental, from food, air, water, and soil to the products you buy.
- Sustainable Architecture, Building, and Culture— looking to build, remodel or renovate? Here is a great resource for going green
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy— work that is dear to my heart. Help preserve the AT and access great trip planers
- Bent Creek Institute— committed to research, business development, and market opportunities for NC specialty-crop growers, botanical medicine developers and processors.
- Primal Body – Primal Mind— a great book and the website has lots of info to consider. A must have for the health seeker and health preserver alike.
- The Weston A. Price Foundation— I can’t say enough about the work of this foundation. Enormous educational resource and links to small local farms and products to increase your health.
- The Paleo Diet— A helpful resource for people who are stuck in low-fat diet mode.
- Eat Wild— another great resource for local foods. More directed toward grass-fed animals
Friends and Colleagues
http://drseanx.com— blog of Sean Hesler. Humanitarian. Naturopathic Physician. Medical Director. Husband. IT guy. Punk rocker. Naturalist. Photographer. Karateka. Gamer. Materialist. Teacher. Student. Contrarian. Friend.
Awesome SEO company in Denver— they provide SEO, social media management, and other web marketing services.