I will honor my teachers and all who have preserved and developed this knowledge, and dedicate myself to supporting the growth and evolution of Naturopathic Medicine. I will endeavor to continually improve my abilities as a healer through study, reflection, and genuine concern for humanity. I will impart knowledge of the advanced healing arts to dedicated colleagues and students.
Through precept, lecture, and example, I will assist and encourage others to strengthen their health, reduce risks for disease, and preserve the health of our planet for ourselves, our families, and future generations.
According to my best ability and judgment, I will use methods of treatment which follow the principles of Naturopathic Medicine:
- Primum Non Nocere~ First of all, to do no harm
- Vis Medicatrix Naturae~ To act in cooperation with the healing power of Nature
- Tolle Causam~ To address the fundamental causes of disease
- Tolle Totum~ To heal the whole person through individualized treatment
- Docere~ To teach the principles of healthy living and preventive medicine
- Praevenire~ To practice prevention with patients and the public
I will conduct my life and the practice of Naturopathic health care with vigilance, integrity, and freedom from prejudice. I will abstain from voluntary acts of injustice and corruption. I will keep confidential whatever I am privileged to witness, whether professionally or privately, that should not be divulged.
With my whole heart, before this gathering of witnesses, as a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, I pledge to remain true to this oath.